Sunday, May 3, 2009

A few more things for the record

A few more sweet comments from Christopher that I forgot to include in the last post . . . it is quite possible that I have the most thoughtful 5-year-old boy on the planet. When I was in the hospital, I saved some cake from my lunch to share with the boys later in the afternoon. When I offered some to Christopher, he insisted that I take two bites first, because "you're the one who had the baby." Also, the day we came home from the hospital, he looked me right in the eyes and said very seriously, "Mommy, how are you feeling?" He spent that whole afternoon coming into the nursery and asking, "How is our princess doing?" He sure loves his baby sister! And if you can tell anything about what kind of husband a boy will be by how he treats his mom, I'd say he's going to be a wonderful husband some day.

Also, there's the frequently-asked question: Does Sarah Kate look like her brothers? The answer is yes, definitely, she looks just like Will did as a newborn. In fact, I have already called her Will more than once. (Yes, I call my pink-clad baby girl by her older brother's name. Please don't judge me. I haven't had more than 90 minutes of consecutive sleep in several days.) All three kids have had the same chubby cheeks and the same nose, but Will and Sarah Kate have the same mouth. When she opens her eyes (which isn't often), she looks different from them to me, but with her eyes closed, you can definitely tell she's related to her brothers. Here's the photographic evidence--what do you think?

Sarah Kate:



Will:

1 comment:

SpeasHill said...

Definitely look like each other. And don't worry about the names. I frequently call Becca "Sasha" - and, you guessed it - Sasha is one of the dogs. ;)