Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Will the Smart Aleck

A recent occurrence in the life of a friend reminded me that I haven't talked to the boys about what to do if they get separated from me in a store. So yesterday, I had a chat with Will and laid out the scenario for him . . . you are shopping with mommy, you look up and she's gone, you are all by yourself in the store--what do you do?

Without hesitation: "I would go outside of the store and spit on the store."

What makes this even funnier to me is that the day before, Will had been disciplined for spitting on Christopher. I think he figured if no one is around, I can go spit on the store and not get in trouble!

Tonight at dinner, we were talking about addition with Christopher. Christopher was quizzing us with some challenging addition facts. This is how it went:

Christopher: What is 200 plus 200?
Mom: I don't know.
Christopher: 300!
Dad: No . . .
Will: 400!!!
(So naturally, at this point we are thinking this kid is a genius.)
Dad: Will, what is 2 plus 2?
Will: 4.
Dad: What is 1 plus 1?
Will: 4.
And that was the end of that genius moment! :)

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Ha!... He is certainly smart but maybe not a genius...

Karen Phillips said...

SO cute...thx for the laugh this morning:) kids are so fun!! karen

Ashley said...

Mmm. I don't buy it. It's not the end of his genius moment! ;) I grew up with both of you and that boy has some serious genius genes.

Unknown said...

So cute! What should they do, by the way, if they get separated from you??? We haven't done any worst case scenarios with Ty yet. :)

Marissa said...

Janet, I told them to sit down right where they are and wait for me to find them, that they can tell people their name so they can page me but to stay put and never, ever leave the store. Also, shopping at Wal-mart is good--my friend's son got loose at the check-out and headed for the door, and the greeter stopped him until his dad caught up with him. Yay for Wal-mart! :)