Friday, September 9, 2011

Whoooooooo Pig Sooieee!

September 3 was the start of the Razorback football season!  Thanks to the sweet generosity of friends, I was able to take the boys to their first football game.  Our seats were amazing, and the weather was a little hot, but we had a great time.  As we were walking from the car to the stadium, I told the boys that this was their chance to show me they were good walkers, and if they did, maybe we could take them to Disney World sometime.  Will said, "I think we need to bring ice water to Disney World!"  It sure was hot--ice water would have been a good idea!

The boys loved being in the stadium, especially the snacks.  Will kicked over two cups of frozen strawberry lemonade (partially melted and therefore spillable), so we were kind of a sticky mess.  But the boys did great at calling the Hogs, chanting "first down!" and cheering on the Razorbacks.  When the stadium filled up before the start of the game, Will looked around and said, "There must be a hundred people here!"  Will asked a million questions and learned a lot about football!  I got in trouble with Will when I commented on a "stupid move" by the Hogs--we're not supposed to say stupid!

One of the highlights was watching the marching band perform at halftime.  They were so impressed that they could walk and play music at the same time!  We left after that, since it was an evening game and the Hogs were winning by thirty points.  We stopped for frozen yogurt on the way back to the car.  I'm so thankful for the special memories with my boys and my Hogs!







No comments: